[&amp;lt;DJLV&amp;gt;] Dancefloor [<DJLV>] Dancefloor

Here are just some thoughts I have. I hope I don't come off as a jerk :>

I can hear you piling on the octaves in the beginning. A nice way to provide fill when the melody goes unchanged (maybe look at stereo separation for a different feel).

I feel the mix becomes kinda cluttered around the 0:30 mark when you add a fifth(?). I feel there needs to be some balance between how loud the leading fifth is against the background for it to go smoother. Maybe pull up the background a little and lessen the reverb on the lead?

Also when the cymbals at 0:59, 1:14, 1:28 and 1:43 are heard I feel they come off very bland without anything accompanying the high treble. Maybe a bass-drum hit with the same intensity but not necessarily duration.

Otherwise an interesting track. Keep it up :D

DJLiquidVoid responds:

Thanks so much! This is some brilliant advice - I'll be sure to work on that in my next track. :^)

Heavy Breathing, I'm on Edge Heavy Breathing, I'm on Edge

Amazing soundscape, tad short though.

Is the white noise in the background intentional, or am I just mistaking a brush for noise? Even though it is a nice fill it just seems a little bit too pronounced.

All in all very very nice :D

phosphorusprocedure responds:

I run my guitar through a tape deck so it sounds kinda 80s. There's some noise as a result. Not too noticeable until I start stacking too many guitar lines together.

Usually I keep the tracks to a minute so they don't get boring. I'd need a bridge section to flip back and forth between, and I didn't come up with one here.

Thanks for the review. Glad you dig it.

.stay close. .stay close.

Yusss this is amazing :D

MeatAnalogue responds:

Thanks !

8-Bit - Boss defeat 8-Bit - Boss defeat

It's actually very nice :D. It's quite short but I think it can loop nicely anyways.

I don't know though if the drums should be toned a little down in the mix (like 5% at most). I'm not wearing my regular headphones so it might just be the increased treble I'm feeling.

Running Calm Running Calm

Awesome job :D

Half Hearted Melody Half Hearted Melody

Your attention to detail is exceptional. I like how this just "ticks" off into my head while the background keeps moving. I would've liked to see a longer version so that the mind can properly register the chapters.

9.5/10

liljimmy2 responds:

Thank you so much! That was exactly what I was going for!

Sick Boy Sick Boy

For what punk is, I enjoy this.

GraniteOverworld responds:

Heh, I only labeled it as punk cause basically none of the other tags describe this properly. Glad yuh like it ^_^

2-bits: Alpha and Beta 2-bits: Alpha and Beta

This tune is very interesting, especially when you first hear the chord progression in the beginning.
The swelling effect (overall) used for the build up was quite fitting and just tangible enough.

I will avert my ears from (what I feel to be) occasional clutter given that you're working with 8/16 bit but I find the crash sound (drums - cymbal) to be a bit flawed.

All in all a nice piece :)
8.5/10

Minecraft Arrangement Minecraft Arrangement

Are you using the EWQLSO package? Ahh... nevermind.

-------------------------------

I very much liked your layout. This song would be somewhat fitting to the Minecraft scenario. There is nothing wrong with the piece, really, but I think the render could have been a bit cleaner. There seems to be some low-end clutter on parts (about the 2 minute mark) that creates a slight bass-peak which overloads the output slightly, creating faint clicks.
9.99999 / 10

Neon-Bard responds:

Yep EWQLSO all the way.

I'll have to go back and check out that part around the 2 minute mark. I can hear exactly what you're talking about, I'm just a little confused as to what I could have done to make that clutter. Perhaps the lower notes I used...not quite sure, but I'll find it!

Thanks for picking up on that Fanopeion, it's most appreciated! :)

Mondsichel Mondsichel

Very nice.

The only thing that bothered me (this is nitpicking on my part) is that when you introduced the Spiccato (violin? or was it cello?) is that it felt 10% too loud, but after about 3-4 bars it blends perfectly. As I said, nitpicking :)
10/10